Friday, March 27, 2009

Sigh, it felt like home...


I found this store in Fairview, a small town just a few minute away. I can't believe that I haven't made it there sooner, Troyer's Country Store!

I walked in and thought I had landed back in Lancaster! LOL! Imagine my surprise when I learned after several moments of talking with the owner that he is friends with my Dad and knew my Mom. He was at her funeral. I have to say that it felt really good to find those connections. You take them for granted when you don't live somewhere like Lancaster. I admit, in PA it could feel stifling, but to find it again was like a warm blanket. The girls were very excited to find someone who knew Grandma! They were totally into the connection and it was special to share it with them. :)

SO, if you are in the area you MUST check them out! Absolutely amazing! Their wet bottom shoe fly muffins were to die for, and their Chocolate cheddar cheese! OH MY!!! Make sure to check out their organic chicken too!

2 comments:

Grandma Ev said...

Hi Rachel,
Love your new photo. The sunshine in the background reminds me of my visit last April. Can you believe it is already a year since we met?

rainydaymichele said...

What a sweet experience, Rachel. :) So glad you found a connection to your mom and home. Much love, sweet friend~